Student Experiences | Communication, Media and Learning Technologies Design | Mathematics Science and TechnologySkip to content Skip to main navigation
Past Student Internship Experiences
You can read about students' past internship experiences below.
Instructional Design Intern, Symbiosis Educational Consultants
I worked as an Instructional Design intern at Symbiosis Educational Consultants, a company that builds online courses for universities. My tasks and responsibilities included building and revising instructional design documents, as well as uploading and organizing content on the learning management system pages (using Blackboard). The main goal that I accomplished during the internship was understanding how the instructional design process works at the higher education level.
Social Media Intern, Lady M Confections
My role was to manage social media channels. Tasks included creating everyday visual content for each channel, maintaining relationships with followers and media influencers to build brand image, developing online and offline event plans, and reviewing and analyzing effectiveness of campaigns. I also assisted with the launch of a new website and did constantly research into new business and marketing opportunities. My learning goal was to learn the trends of industry, better understand and use social media, and prepare myself for my post-graduation career.
Instructional Design Intern, TC Office of Digital Learning
- Designed and developed digital teaching resources for a small portfolio of non-credit programs, such as the Introduction to Electrocardiography online workshop
- Worked with Teachers College faculty to support the development and implementation of online programming
- Worked with Office of Digital Learning administration to support presentations and evaluations of program development to college leadership
- Worked with Office of Digital Learning design staff to support the development and implementation of credit programs
- Offered feedback and insight for the use of digital technologies to the Office of Digital Learning staff to support teaching and learning at Teachers College
- Articulate - Storyline proficiency
- Canvas proficiency
- Collaboration with subject matter experts on course content development
- Development and implementation of online programs
Open Data Intern, OpenGov
Academic Technology Intern, TC Academic Technology
Tasks and responsibilities
Instructional design for academic departments
Learning goals accomplished
Created a series of online learning modules for the Office of Career Services