Gender-Based MisconductSkip to content Skip to main navigation
Gender-Based Misconduct & Concerns
The Office of the Ombuds is a resource available to students, faculty, and staff who are complainants, and those accused, of such gender-based misconduct as:
- Sexual Assault
- Domestic Violence
- Dating Violence
- Sexual Exploitation
- Stalking (including electronic)
- Sexual and Gender Harassment and Intimidation
Although discussions with the Ombuds are confidential, they are not a substitute for further action. The Ombuds will assist anyone wanting to take further action if desired, to:
- Contact the Teachers College Office of Public Safety and the New York City Police Department (Not Confidential)
- Contact the Columbia University Rape Crisis/Anti-Violence Support Center (Confidential)
- Seek medical attention, therapy or counseling (including with the clergy), and individual or group support (Confidential).
- Find other resources and information.
The Office the Ombuds for Gender-Based Misconduct is accessible throughout the week by appointment. Call or email:
Also consult the website for matters related to gender-based misconduct.