UCEA Convention 2018, November 14-18 in Houston, Texas | Ph.D in Education Leadership Program | Education Leadership | Organization and LeadershipSkip to content Skip to main navigation
This year's annual meeting of the University Council for Educational Administration (UCEA), taking place November 14-18 in Houston, Texas and themed "Our Mission Critical: Revolutionizing the Future Through the Equitable Educational, Research, and Practice," includes the participation of faculty and students in Education Leadership. Highlights of presentations of faculty in Education Leadership PhD program at UCEA this year include:
172. Principals' Roles in Practice Through Professional Development Capacity UCEA Annual Convention Paper Session 3:10 to 4:25 pm Marriott Marquis Houston: Floor 3 - Sugarland A
- Social Justice Leadership as Developmental Capacity: Exploring a Continuum of Practice. Ellie E. Drago-Severson, Teachers College, Columbia University; Jessica BlumDeStefano, Teachers College, Columbia University
128. Center for the Advanced Study of Technology Leadership in Education Session: Consortium for CANLEAD UCEA Annual Convention Special Session 10:55 to 12:10 pm Marriott Marquis Houston: Floor 3 - Meyerland B
- This CASTLE session will be a discussion about the proposed grant work of CANLEAD. In Spring 2018, we applied for a Department of Education Supporting Effective Educator Development (SEED) grant. This session will detail the proposed scope of work and detail how school technology leadership scholars from across the country are working collaboratively to improve educational outcomes through the use of technology. Presenters: Alex J Bowers, Teachers College, Columbia University Vincent Cho, Boston College Jonathan Cohen, N/A Monty Jones, N/A Scott McLeod, University of Colorado Denver Nicholas J Sauers, Georgia State University Facilitators: Jayson W Richardson, University of Kentucky Sara Dexter, University of Virginia
238. Leading Holistically for Equity and Excellence: Systems Thinking at the School, District, and State Levels UCEA Annual Convention International Community Building Session 12:00 to 1:10 pm Marriott Marquis Houston: Floor 3 - Sugarland B
- Using Hierarchical Growth Modeling to Promote District Systematic Improvement in Ohio and Texas Alex J Bowers, Teachers College, Columbia University; Xinyu Ni, Teachers College, Columbia University; Jennifer Esswein, Education Northwest
206. Resisting the Privatization of Public Education: Local School Leaders and Communities Countering Neoliberal Reforms UCEA Annual Convention Symposium 8:00 to 9:10 am Marriott Marquis Houston: Floor 3 - Montrose A
- Leading Schools in the New Jim Crow: Neoliberalism and Urban School Leadership in the Post-Civil Rights Era Sonya Douglass Horsford, Teachers College, Columbia University
268. Critical Policy Research That Matters: Examining Education Policy at Federal, State, and Local Levels UCEA Annual Convention Symposium 4:00 to 5:10 pm Marriott Marquis Houston: Floor 3 - Kingwood A
- School Integration in the New Jim Crow: Opportunity or Oxymoron? Sonya Douglass Horsford, Teachers College, Columbia University
Please, click here to view more details.
Also, please note that UCEA Convention includes the UCEA Graduate Student Summit (GSS), which is an annual pre-conference event organized by the UCEA Graduate Student Council. Please, click here to view more details.