Grade Correction

Skip to content Skip to main navigation
Teachers College, Columbia University
Printer-friendly Version
Teachers College, Columbia University Logo
Policy Library

Teachers College Policy Library

Grade Correction

Owner: Enrollment Services

URL: Correction

The normal procedure for effecting a correction of a final grade on the official student record would be through direct discussion between the student and the instructor. If redress cannot be attained through such discussions, the student may next appeal to the department chairperson of the department offering the course. If resolution cannot be attained through appeal, the student may next appeal to the Vice Provost for Student Affairs. In situations where the student feels that such an appeal process might not be in the student’s interest, counsel and assistance can be sought from the Ombudsman or the Vice Provost for Student Affairs. 


Responsible Office:  Enrollment Services 

Updated: September 2017