AccreditationSkip to content Skip to main navigation
Teachers College Policy Library
All Teachers College programs are registered with the New York State Education Department.
Teachers College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Teacher preparation and school leadership programs are accredited with the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP, formerly NCATE).
A number of academic programs are accredited by specialized accrediting bodies, including:
- American Psychological Association (Counseling Psychology, Clinical Psychology and School Psychology doctoral programs)
- American Speech-Hearing-Language Association (Communication Sciences and Disorders)
- Applied Behavior Analysis International (Applied Behavior Analysis)
- Association for Childhood Educators International (Elementary Inclusive Education)
- Association for Sport and Physical Education (Physical Education)
- Commission on Accreditation for Diabetics Education (Nutrition Education internship)
- Council for Exceptional Children (Special Education programs)
- Council on the Education of the Deaf (Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing)
- Educational Leadership Constituents Council (Summer Principals Academy, Urban Education Leaders Program)
- International Reading Association (Literacy Specialist)
- International Society for Technology in Education (Technology Specialist)
- Masters in Counseling Accreditation Council (Psychological Counseling)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education)
- National Association of School Psychologists (School Psychology)
- National Council for the Social Studies (Teaching of Social Studies)
- National Council of Teachers of English (Teaching of English)
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (Mathematics Education)
- National Science Teacher Association (Science Education)
- TESOL (Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages)
Contact information for each of the accrediting agencies listed above is available at the Office of Accreditation and Assessment: http://www.tc.columbia.edu/oaa/accreditation-/accreditation-overview/.
Responsible Office: Office of the Provost
Last Updated: March 2016