What to do if you are a Victim of Crime

Skip to content Skip to main navigation
Teachers College, Columbia University
Printer-friendly Version
Teachers College, Columbia University Logo
Public Safety

Public Safety

What to do if you are a victim of a crime

If you are a victim:
  • Get to a safe location and report the crime to the police by calling 911 or calling Public Safety at  Ext.3333. 
  • If outdoors try to get to a area where you can be easily seen by responding officers. 
  • If you are injured, seek medical attention or PS will call EMS for you.  
Counseling and support services are available  

Emergency Phone Numbers 

  • Campus phone X3333
    Non campus or from cell phone 212-678-3333

Public Safety Alerts


Non-emergency College Services

  • TC PS Non emergency 3220
  • TC PS Administrative Office 3111
  • TC Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S)   8164/6640
  • TC Facilities 3010  
  • TC Residential services 3235  
  • TC Student Development and Activities 3690  
  • TC Risk Management 3482

TC College Services

  • TC General College Information  3000
  • Office of Diversity 8410   
  • CU  PS 212-854-5555    
  • CUMC 212-854-(HELP) 4357 
  • Barnard College  212-854-3362  
  • Counseling and Psychological Services   212-854-2878 
  • CU Medical Center 212-305-8100