The Office of Government Relations advances TC’s objectives by managing relationships with government leaders and other public officials, by advocating for legislation and policies that align with the College’s mission and priorities, and by supporting community engagement efforts. We:
- Work with legislators and policymakers at the federal, state and local level to secure grants and develop and advance other opportunities to support the College's research initiatives;
- Help secure New York State approval for innovative new education programs;
- Safeguard the College’s interests by monitoring and responding to bills and regulations that affect student aid, the status of international students, and other institutional priorities;
- Prepare TC faculty experts to testify before legislative committees on issues in education, health and psychology that directly affect the wellbeing of students, families and communities; and
- Manage Advocacy@Teachers College, which invites members of the TC community and the public to learn from TC experts about ways to get involved in the civic process.
Visit Advocacy @TC