Michael A. Rebell
- A.B., Harvard College
- LL.B., Yale Law School
- Equity in Education
- Role of the Courts in Institutional Reform Litigations
- Social Reform
- Comprehensive Educational Opportunity ( "Whole child" services for students from poverty backgrounds
- Courts and Kids: Pursuing Educational Equity Through the State Courts ( U of Chicago Press, 2009)
- NCLB at the Crossroads: Reexamining the Federal Effort to Close the Achievement Gap ( with Jessica R. Wolff ( Teachers College Press, 2009)
- Moving Every Child Ahead: From NCLB Hype to Meaningful Educational Opportunity ( with Jessica R. Wolff) ( Teachers College Press, 2008)
- Equality and Education (with Arthur R. Block), Princeton University Press, 1985.
- Educational Policy Making and the Courts: An Empirical Study of judicial ACTIVISM (with Arthur R. Block), University of Chicago Press, 1982.
- Safeguarding the Right to Sound Basic Education in Times of Fiscal Constraint, 75 Albany Law Review ( 2012)
- The Right to Comprehensive Educational opportunity, 47 Harvard Civil rights-Civil Liberties Law Review 49 (2012)
Educational Opportunity Is Achievable and Affordable, Phi Delta Kappan, Volume 93, Issue 6, pp 62-65,(March, 2012)( with Jessica R. Wolff).
- When Schools Depend on Handouts, N.Y Times, Op-Ed, August 26, 2011 ( with Jessica R. Wolff).
- Forum: Many Schools are Still Inadequate, Now What?, Education Next, Volume 9, No. 4, Fall 2009 with Eric Hanushek and Alfred Lindseth
- Equal opportunity and the Courts, PHI DELTA KAPPAN, Volume 89, Number 6, 432-439 ( 2008).
- Poverty, Meaningful Educational Opportunity and the Necessary Role of the Courts,85 North Carolina Law Review 102 (2007).
- Professional Rigor, Public Engagement and Judicial Review: A Proposal For Enhancing The Validity of Education Adequacy Studies, TEACHERS COLLEGE RECORD Volume 109, Number 6, (2007)
- Adequacy Litigations: A New Path to Equity in Janice Petrovich and Amy Stuart Wells, eds., BRINGING EQUITY BACK: RESEARCH FOR A NEW ERA IN AMERICAN EDUCATIONAL POLICY (Teachers College Press, 2005)
- Education Adequacy, Democracy and the Courts in Christopher Edley, Timothy Ready and Catherine Snow, eds., ACHIEVING HIGH EDUCATIONAL STANDARDS FOR ALL ( National Academy Press, 2002).
ORLA 4501: Special topics in education leadership and policy
This course offers periodic exploration of topics and issues related to theory, research, policy, and practice in the organization, administration, and leadership of education in public and private contexts; issues in education policy formation, implementation, and analysis; and other related topics. Topics and emphases change each term. Course may be taken more than once.
Documents & Papers
ORLA 4501, Fall 2010, Professor Michael A. Rebell