Michael A. Rebell
- A.B., Harvard College
- LL.B., Yale Law School
- Equity in Education
- Role of the Courts in Institutional Reform Litigations
- Social Reform
- Comprehensive Educational Opportunity ( "Whole child" services for students from poverty backgrounds
- Courts and Kids: Pursuing Educational Equity Through the State Courts ( U of Chicago Press, 2009)
- NCLB at the Crossroads: Reexamining the Federal Effort to Close the Achievement Gap ( with Jessica R. Wolff ( Teachers College Press, 2009)
- Moving Every Child Ahead: From NCLB Hype to Meaningful Educational Opportunity ( with Jessica R. Wolff) ( Teachers College Press, 2008)
- Equality and Education (with Arthur R. Block), Princeton University Press, 1985.
- Educational Policy Making and the Courts: An Empirical Study of judicial ACTIVISM (with Arthur R. Block), University of Chicago Press, 1982.
- Safeguarding the Right to Sound Basic Education in Times of Fiscal Constraint, 75 Albany Law Review ( 2012)
- The Right to Comprehensive Educational opportunity, 47 Harvard Civil rights-Civil Liberties Law Review 49 (2012)
Educational Opportunity Is Achievable and Affordable, Phi Delta Kappan, Volume 93, Issue 6, pp 62-65,(March, 2012)( with Jessica R. Wolff).
- When Schools Depend on Handouts, N.Y Times, Op-Ed, August 26, 2011 ( with Jessica R. Wolff).
- Forum: Many Schools are Still Inadequate, Now What?, Education Next, Volume 9, No. 4, Fall 2009 with Eric Hanushek and Alfred Lindseth
- Equal opportunity and the Courts, PHI DELTA KAPPAN, Volume 89, Number 6, 432-439 ( 2008).
- Poverty, Meaningful Educational Opportunity and the Necessary Role of the Courts,85 North Carolina Law Review 102 (2007).
- Professional Rigor, Public Engagement and Judicial Review: A Proposal For Enhancing The Validity of Education Adequacy Studies, TEACHERS COLLEGE RECORD Volume 109, Number 6, (2007)
- Adequacy Litigations: A New Path to Equity in Janice Petrovich and Amy Stuart Wells, eds., BRINGING EQUITY BACK: RESEARCH FOR A NEW ERA IN AMERICAN EDUCATIONAL POLICY (Teachers College Press, 2005)
- Education Adequacy, Democracy and the Courts in Christopher Edley, Timothy Ready and Catherine Snow, eds., ACHIEVING HIGH EDUCATIONAL STANDARDS FOR ALL ( National Academy Press, 2002).
Wednesdays 2-4 and by appointment.
Office: Suite 1373, Interchurch Bldg, 120th and Claremeont Ave.
Documents & Papers
ORLA 4501, Fall 2010, Professor Michael A. Rebell