- Ph.D., Social and Organizational Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- B.A., Psychology, University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Dynamic network theory: How social networks influence goal pursuit and performance
- Combining social network analysis and goal theories
- Social interaction analysis of dyads, couples, and groups
- Behavioral reasoning theory and the prediction of individual behavior
- Computational models of complex social, organizational, and leadership systems
BEHAVIORAL INTENTION RESEARCH
ORLJ 4901: Research and independent study in social-organizational psychology
ORLJ 5018: Using survey research in organizational consulting
Prerequisite: ORLJ 4009. This course illustrates how to conduct survey research for organizational change initiatives. The following topics are covered: entering into survey research consulting, selecting concepts, conducting focus groups, survey construction and administration, data analysis, identifying needs, survey feedback techniques, and final reports. Students develop a survey-based project from initial conceptualization to final report presentation.
ORLJ 5115: Social networks and performance
This course allows students to understand how social networks influence performance in a wide variety of settings. Relevant topics in the application of social network ideology are explored, such as motivated goal pursuits, leadership processes, and the structure of group and organizational networks. The course also explores important interpersonal processes through a social network lens, such as human conflict, emotional contagion, and helping behavior.
ORLJ 6346: Research workgroup in social-organizational psychology: Dynamic Network Lab
Permission required. Limited to doctoral students. Topics are announced in the preliminary and final course schedules distributed each semester.
ORLJ 6901: Advanced research and independent study in social-organizational psychology
ORLJ 8900: Dissertation advisement in social-organizational psychology
Fee to equal 3 points at current tuition rate for each term. For requirements, see section on Continuous Registration for Ed.D./Ph.D. degrees.
Documents & Papers
Psychology and social networks: A dynamic network theory perspective. American Psychologist, 69, 269-284
Download: Dynamic Network Theory [PDF]