- B.A., Earlham College -Peace and Global Studies
- M.A., Teachers College, Columbia University - Organizational Psychology, Department of Organization and Leadership
- Ed.D., Teachers College, Columbia University - Adult Learning and Leadership, Department of Organization and Leadership
- Inclusion in "Best Paper Proceedings" for the Management Education Division of the Academy of Management 2009 Conference.
- 2009 Outstanding Graduate Award – The Gestalt OSD Center
- American Society for Training and Development's (ASTD) 2008 Dissertation of the Year Award
- Spencer Foundation Research Fellow 2002-2004.
- Ciporen, R. (2010). The Role of Personally Transformative Learning in Leadership Development. The Journal of Leadership and Organizational Studies, Volume 17, Issue 2. Pg 177-191.
- Beechler, S; Yorks, L; Ciporen, R. (2008) Developing Learning Communities in Executive Education: A Case Study of a Global Senior Executive Program. University and Corporate Innovations in Lifetime Learning. Information Age Publishing. Charlotte, North Carolina.
- York, L; Beechler, S; Ciporen, R. (2007) Enhancing the Impact of an Open-Enrollment Executive Education Program through Assessment. The Academy of Management Learning and Education. Volume 6, Issue 3. Pg 310-321.
- Coghlan, D., Marsick, VJ., Vince, R., Maltbia, T., Ciporen, R. (2010) "Engaging Action Learning Scholarship to Make a Difference for Social Sustainability: Seeing, Doing, and Asking if That Makes a Difference". Presentation at Academy of Management in Chicago, Illinois, July.
- Beechler, S., Ciporen, R., Yorks, L., (2010) "Creating Learning Communities in Executive Education: Making the Journey from Teaching to Learning". Presentation at Academy of Management in Chicago, Illinois, July.
- R. Ciporen (2009) "The Role of Personally Transformative Learning in Leadership Development." Presentation at the Academy of Management in Chicago, Illinois, July.
- Ciporen, R. (2009) "The Role of Personally Transformative Learning in Leadership Development: A Case Study Examining the Transfer of Learning from an Executive Education Program." Presentation at the American Society for Training and Development in Washington, DC, June.
- Ciporen, R., Hayes, S., Kucharczyk, K., McCallum, D., Nicolaides, A., & Sundheim, D. (2007) "The Play of Action Inquiry: Learning Through Living". Exploring the implications of developmental diversity for transformative learning in an action inquiry group. Seventh International Transformative Learning Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico, October.
- Hansen, D., Higgins, C., Bryan, A., Ciporen, R., Desisto, L., DeMarzio, D., Joshi, P., Stillwaggon, J (2004). Organizers for the Ways of Knowing in Educational Research Conference, NY, NY, March.