- Ph.D. Organizational Psychology, Columbia University, 1972. Nominated by R.L. Thorndike to Sigma Xi for excellence in research
- M.A., Personnel Techniques, Teachers College, Columbia University, 1966
- B.A., Psychology, Queens College, 1963
- Organization Consultants, Inc.- President, 1981 to present
Major focus is large system change, alignment of human resources strategy with business strategy and leadership team development. Clients have included, Bristol-Myers Squibb (Clairol and Pharmaceuticals), Phillip Morris (Kraft-General Foods), Borden, Revlon, Rhone-Poulenc Rorer, Stride-Rite, Colgate, Xerox, AOL-Time Warner and The New York Stock Exchange.
Worked and lived in Europe as well as in the United States.
Most often works with corporate leaders and their executive teams. Experience includes family owned businesses where business issues are further complicated by family dynamics.
- JCPenney - Director of Human Resource Strategy Development, 1969 - 1981
Human resource planning, succession and leadership development, organizational change; worked directly with the CEO, President and other senior managers.
Managed a department of behavioral scientists responsible for performance management, selection research, turnover research and employee opinion surveys.
Led the development of training and development for the population of 25,000 managers and the establishment of 7 training centers.
- Personnel Psychology Center - Vice President, 1962-1969
Conducted executive and sales evaluations using tests and interviews; job analysis, career counseling and vocational guidance. Developed employee attitude surveys for major corporations.
Diplomate in Organizational Psychology(ABPP), 1981
Licensed Psychologist in Connecticut
Adjunct Associate Professor, TC, Columbia University 1981-1983, 2005
Member American Psychological Association and The Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Founder, Friday Group (Professional group of Organizational Psychologists