Alumni | Summer Principals Academy NYC and NOLA New York City New Orleans | Organization and LeadershipSkip to content Skip to main navigation
Summer Principals Academy
The Education Leadership Program in the Department of Organization and Leadership
Convocation & Commencement
TC students are invited to participate in both TC's Convocation ceremonies and the All-University Commencement hosted by Columbia University
To participate, you must register for tickets between March 28 and April 11, 2018.
Each Masters student will receive 3 tickets.
Purchase academic attire from the CU Bookstore in Lerner Hall. Academic Attire is required to participate in Convocation and/or Commencement for all Masters candidates.
Convocation: Masters III Ceremony │Tuesday, May 15, 2018 │2:00-3:30 p.m.
Student Line-Up: Grad Plaza
Location: Cathedral of St. John the Divine │112th Street and Amsterdam Avenue
TC Convocation Schedule:
- 1:15-1:30 p.m.: Arrive at Grad Plaza wearing your academic attire. Pick up your name card Assemble with your department and line up. You will not line up alphabetically so plan to arrive with your friends.
- 1:45 p.m.: The student procession will move to the Cathedral lead by a pipe and drum corps.
- 2:00 p.m.: Process to student seating in the Cathedral.
- 2:00/15 p.m.: Program begins
- Remarks by President Susan Fuhrman
- Remarks by a student speaker
- Remarks by the recipient of the President’s Medal for Distinguished Service
- Remarks by the President of the Alumni Association
- Musical performance by a candidate of the TC Music Program
- During the program, each student will walk across the stage as your name is read. A professional photographer will be on hand to capture all these moments.
- After the ceremony has concluded, you and your guests are invited to a reception at Teachers College.
Columbia Commencement Ceremony Details:
Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2018
8:30 a.m. General admission gates open
9:00 a.m. Degree Candidates line up
9:30 a.m. Degree Candidate Procession begins
10:15 a.m. Academic Procession begins
10:30 a.m. Commencement exercises begin
12:00 p.m. Ceremony concludes
Location: The ceremony will be held outdoors on the Morningside Campus, rain or shine. The Levien Gymnasium will serve as an indoor, weather-friendly, accessible viewing location for any guest with a general admission ticket.
Tickets: Tickets are required for this event.
Tickets allow entrance into Morningside Campus on Commencement Day however they do not guarantee a seat. Seats are on a first come first served basis, they are unassigned, and they cannot be reserved. University Commencement is a highly popular event and therefore space is very limited.
The University Commencement ceremony is Wednesday, May 16 at 10:30 a.m. on the Morningside campus. Graduating students should arrive at their designated locations on upper campus by 9:00 a.m. to line up for the procession. Additionally, the ceremony can viewed via live webcast.
All graduating students are required to register online to participate in University Commencement and to obtain guest tickets. Guests are required to present tickets to access the ceremony at all general admission entrances for the outdoor seating area on Low Plaza and South Field or the indoor viewing location in the Levien Gymnasium. The impressive number of graduates, along with the spatial and security constraints of campus, necessitates a limit on the number of tickets per student. Ticket allowances will be announced in the spring semester.