TC WirelessSkip to content Skip to main navigation
TC Wi-Fi network
Teachers College provides open Wi-Fi for all faculty, students, staff and visitors to our institution. The Wi-Fi is available across the entire campus (excluding campus housing). We have designed the campus to have access to comprehensive Wi-Fi in all buildings throughout the classrooms, administrative and faculty offices, and hallways.
To connect to the campus Wi-Fi network, please open your Wi-Fi settings on your mobile device and choose "TC" SSID to connect. At this time, you are not required to provide any credentials to access the Wi-Fi network.
As when connecting to any Wi-Fi environment, please use good computing practices:
- Ensure that your mobile device has the latest software updates
- Install a current anti-virus solution and keep updates current.
- Never perform financial transactions on unsecured Wi-Fi environments (e.g., cafes, subways)
- Do not email sensitive data while on public Wi-Fi networks
- Verify any website transaction starts with “HTTPS” to ensure a secure encrypted web connection.
If you encounter any issues with connecting to the Teachers College Wi-Fi network, please contact the Service Desk for assistance. You can reach the Service Desk at 212-678-3300 or at ServiceDesk@tc.columbia.edu.