Committee for Community & Diversity (CCD)Skip to content Skip to main navigation
The Office of the Vice President for Diversity and Community Affairs
About Our Office
Committee for Community & Diversity (CCD)
What is the Committee for Community & Diversity?
As a matter of introduction, CCD is a non-policy making group that:
- Was developed post Diversity Task Force Report (issued September 1999) by the president;
- Engages in diversity, community and civility issues that affect the TC community;
- Does not handle individual "ombudsperson", or budgetary matters;
- Provides TC's only cross-constituency committee (19 members), (unlike the College Policy Council which excluded union members, had 46 members and was involved in budgetary matters).
A. The membership of the Committee for Community and Diversity shall be constituted as follows, and each of the below constitutents shall develop their own mechanism to select their members for appointment to the Committee for COmmunity and DIversity. Reappointment shall be determined by the constituent group.
- Four Faculty representatives – two to be elected for a term of one year from the Faculty Executive Committee, one Departmental Chair, and one At-large appointed by the Provost.
- Three Professional Staff representatives shall be appointed for one year from the Professional Staff Association, Management Network and At-large respectively.
- Three Union representatives shall be appointed for a term of one year.
- Five student representatives shall be appointed from the Student Senate for a term of one year.
- Three administration representatives including the President and the Vice President of Academic Affairs (Provost).
- One representative shall be appointed from the Office of Access & Services for Individuals with Disabilities (OASID).
- One representative shall be appointed from the Office of International Services (OIS).
- Two at-large representatives shall be appointed by the Chair of the Committee for Community and Diversity as deemed necessary with notice to the Committee.
B. The purpose of the Committee for Community and Diversity shall be generally to:
- Advise the President on and promote and engage all constituents in college-wide diversity, community-building and civility projects and concerns.
- The Committee shall not act as ombuds for individual concerns.
C. The Committee shall consult widely, inviting and receiving comments and suggestions from all sectors of the College on diversity, community and civility concerns and initiatives.
CCD Membership 2016-2017
Committee for Community and Diversity
As of 9.1.2016
Olga Hubard Orvananos
Faculty – Department Chair
Administration - President of the College
Administration – Provost & Dean of College
Administration – CCD Chair, Vice President for DCA
Representative at Large – Office of Student Activities and Programming
Professional Staff PSEC
Office of International Services
Professional Staff PSEC
STUDENT SENATE REPRESENTATIVES
President, Student Senate
Student Senate - Diversity Senator
707 Union Representative, Public Safety
2110 Union Representative
707 Union Representative – Facilities
32 BJ Union Representative, Facilities/Seth Low
Juan Carlos Reyes
Program Manager - ODCA
Executive Director for Equity - ODCA