Meditation RoomSkip to content Skip to main navigation
The Office of the Vice President for Diversity and Community Affairs
Access to the Teachers College Meditation Room:
Teachers College is providing a quiet and semi-private room where members of the Teachers College community can meditate, reflect, and engage in mindfulness practice.
To access the room, place your palm on the door lock to activate it - it should light up. Put in the access code and the door should open (Please do not share this code, but instead ask others interested in using the room to e-mail email@example.com).
While we require that you always make a reservation to use the Meditation Room on the TC Apps Meditation Room calendar, you can still drop in if necessary, as long as you record your use of the room on the calendar EVERY TIME you use it. We need to track the room’s usage for your safety. Individuals who reserve time on the calendar have priority for using the room during their reserved time.
- Select the time you want to reserve (make sure to select your preferred duration)
- Please use your UNI as the Event Name so that other users of the room, and the room’s administrator, can contact you directly if there are scheduling questions.
- A maximum of six individuals are allowed to occupy the Meditation Room at the same time.
- You may set up a recurring schedule, but please limit your reservations to one month in advance.
- Please respect other people’s schedules. Do not remove or delete them.
- If you will not be using the room during a time when you have made a reservation, please delete the reservation from the calendar immediately
- The smooth functioning of the meditation room requires respectful use of the calendar and the room itself. Please be mindful of your fellow users.
- Remove and place your shoes on the rack.
- Return mats after use.
- Keep mobile devices on silent
- Leave the room better than you found it
- Entering with or consuming food or beverages
- Playing music
- Conversation /Talking on the phone