Apply to TC
Start your ApplicationTeachers College offers 3 types of programs:
Steps for Applying to Degree Program
1. Research TC's programs and create a Next Step Account
2. Utilize our Teacher Certification Guide
3. Choose a program
4. Review program deadlines and application requirements
- We encourage applicants to apply by the Early Deadline. Please note, our deadlines are in-house deadlines, not post-marked deadlines.
- Rolling Admission means that there is no formal Final Deadline. We encourage students to apply early as students are admitted on a space availability basis.
6. APPLY NOW!
Checklist - Have you checked all the steps to completing your application?
- Create an Online Application Account
- Complete the Online Application for Admission
- Upload your Statement of Purpose
- Upload your Resume
- Submit Two Letters of Recommendation
- *Upload Supplemental Application Materials (i.e. writing sample) if required
- Submit Official Transcripts to the Office of Admission
- *Submit Official Test Scores, if required, to the Office of Admission
- *Submit Supplemental Program Materials
- Click Submit, Pay the Application Fee, Electronically Sign Signature
If you are mailing application materials to the Office of Admission, please be sure to include the Document Cover Sheet.
Components of a Complete Application
- Create an online application account
- Use single email address that will not expire before your desired term of entry, as it will be used for all correspondence from the Office of Admission
- Must be paid electronically before submitting the Form
- First-time applicants: $65 application fee, non-refundable
- Re-applicants: $35 application fee, non-refundable
- 2-3 pages in length, double-spaced
- Should describe your academic and professional background, plans for graduate school, your professional goals, and how and why you are a good fit for the program
- Should be tailored to Teachers College and your specific program of interest
- Chronological listing of your employment history, educational history, academic endeavors, and other significant activities.
- You must submit one official transcript from each college or university you attended for academic credit for any period of time, showing all coursework, grades, and degrees earned (if any).
- You must submit transcripts from study-abroad programs and transfer credit if the full course title and the grade you earned is not listed on your undergraduate transcript.
- If you completed your degree outside the United States or Canada, an official course-by-course transcript evaluation is required from the World Education Services, Inc. (WES). For more information, please refer to the International Transcript section.
- You must request your transcripts from your institutions and mail them to the Office of Admission at Teachers College.
- Please review our Contact Information to mail materials
- Should be written by individuals that can speak from personal knowledge on your academic or professional qualifications for graduate study.
- Whenever possible, letters of recommendation should be written by academic sources. If you have been out of school for a number of years, professional recommendations may be used in most cases.
- Recommendations written by family members or friends are not appropriate for the purposes of this application.
- 10-15 page academic writing sample that demonstrates your scholarly thinking, writing skills, ability to do research, and ability to synthesize information.
- Examples of appropriate writing samples include, but are not limited to: undergraduate or graduate thesis, research paper, or literature review.
- If your writing sample exceeds 10-15 pages, please select an excerpt.
- *Not required by all programs.
- GRE - only scores from exams taken within the last 5 years are valid (*not required by all programs).
- TOEFL and English Proficiency Exam - If your native language is not English or your received your baccalaureate degree from an institution where English is not the sole official language of instruction, you must submit official scores from an accepted English proficiency exam.
- All test scores must be official scores sent directly from the test administrator to the Office of Admission.
- For the TOEFL, GRE, or other tests administered by Educational Testing Services (ETS), the assigned institution code for Teachers College is 2905.
- Please consult the Interactive Guide, as some programs accept other standardized tests or do not require and tests at all.
- Please consult the Interactive Guide to see if your program requires a program-specific supplemental application.
- *Not required by all programs.
*Only required for some programs. To see whether or not your program requires these additional materials, please consult the Interactive Guide.
Teacher Certification Details
Use the following links to navigate teacher certification options.