Special SessionsSkip to content Skip to main navigation
IEEE RO-MAN 2016 In New York City
Proposals for Special Sessions, Workshops & Tutorials
Proposal Submission Deadline: January 15, 2016
Special Session Paper Submission Deadline: March 7, 2016
Notification of Acceptance: May 10, 2016
Camera-Ready Deadline: May 27, 2016
CALL FOR SPECIAL SESSIONS
We are inviting proposals for special sessions relevant to the themes of IEEE RO-MAN 2016.
Special sessions are specialized events to be held during the conference as a set of oral presentations that are highly specialized in some particular theme. The purpose of special sessions is to provide a focused discussion on innovative topics. The accepted papers for special sessions will be published on IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
Please submit a pdf to the PaperPlaza System including the following:
- Proposed title of the special session
- Motivation and goals of the session (a brief 2-3 paragraph summary)
- A list of possible papers with contributing authors and tentative titles and abstracts
- List of organizers (including short bio)
Selected special sessions will be advertised, meaning that everyone is welcome to submit to it, in addition to the authors identified in the proposals.
The minimum number of papers per special session is "4." So each session must include at least 4 oral presentations and it is recommended to make a number of oral presentations by the multiple of 4.
Special sessions' proposals and papers will be submitted via the main conference's submission system following the same guidelines as the regular papers, will be peer-reviewed and will appear in the conference proceedings. If accepted, the organizers of the special session will be responsible for the high-quality peer-review of the submitted papers according to IEEE standards (3 anonymous peer-reviews). The organizers will be Associate Editors(AE) for the proposed session. They are also responsible to assign reviewers and make judgement proposals of the submitted paper for the special session.
Authors should adhere to the following steps for submitting the paper (for camera ready submission) :
- Create an account: go to https://ras.papercept.net/, to create a PIN and fill out the form. Ask all your co-authors to do the same if they do not have an account on the system yet, write down the authors' PINs (this information is needed for manuscript processing purposes).
- Go to Support Menu (http://ras.papercept.net/conferences/support/support.php) and depending on how you are preparing your paper, download a template for US LETTER PAPER SIZE : LaTeX (http://ras.papercept.net/conferences/support/tex.php) or US LETTER PAPER SIZE MS-Word, (http://ras.papercept.net/conferences/support/word.php)
- Use these templates/style files to create the paper and save in PDF format.
- Upload the paper: go to https://ras.papercept.net/ and click on "submit a contribution to Ro-Man 2016".
- Submit (regular paper, special session paper).
- Fill in the form presented on the next page (make sure to enter all author PINs created in Step 1).
Please note, that our conference policy requires that at least one of the authors of the contributing submission must pay the conference registration fee to upload the final camera ready. This is to ensure that at least one of the presenting authors will be registered to attend the conference and deliver the poster presentation. The link to the registration system will be available on the conference website soon.
*The proposal must be submitted via the Papercept submission site.*
If you have any questions about the special sessions proposal submission, please contact specialsession(at)ro-man2016.org
PAPER LENGTH AND SIZE
Submissions should range from 4 to 6 pages US LETTER PAPER SIZE (with an option to extend to 8 pages with additional fee ($110 per additional page) paid for separately).
The maximum file size is 2 MB.