Office of Accreditation and AssessmentSkip to content Skip to main navigation
Welcome to the Office of Accreditation and Assessment
The mission of the Office of Accreditation and Assessment is to ensure that the College provides sufficient and adequate evidence that it meets national, state, and institutional standards and that such evidence is beneficial to students and programs without imposing excessive burden (of collection and analysis) and disrupting educational process. This work falls within the institutional goal of assuring the highest quality of service to the College community (compliance with regulatory requirements and legal mandates).
Office of Accreditation and Assessment
Address: 134 Thompson Hall
Box: 203 * Phone: 212-678-4157 * Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director: Alexandra Gribovskaya
More specifically, the Office's objectives include the following:
- Meeting all reporting requirements for two accrediting agencies, the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
- Monitoring the assessment process by academic and administrative units.
- Managing self-studies in preparation for CAEP and MSCHE reaccreditation visits.
- Keeping abreast of all new regulations and requirements through official communications and professional publications and forums.
- Assisting academic programs in self-studies and external program reviews.
- Collecting and analyzing college-wide data to be used for planning, decision-making, and institutional improvement.
- Developing and maintaining electronic databases and collections of records on student learning outcomes and institutional effectiveness.
OAA is located in Room 134 of Thompson Hall.
To accomplish its work, the OAA works closely with several other administrative offices within the College. Please visit their sites for related information: