Documents & Forms

Documents & Forms

Here you’ll find a list of frequently used documents and forms to help you stay on track with Financial Aid. Our forms are interactive PDFs that you can complete on your computer.

Here are instructions for completing these forms:

  • Use Adobe Acrobat to complete the forms.
  • Using your browser or Mac Preview will not allow us to properly view the documents.
  • Do not send PDFs using EchoSign.
  • If the interactive PDF option does not work for you, you are welcome to complete your form by hand, scan it as a regular PDF, and send it via e-mail to
  • You may also contact our office or complete forms in person.
  • Always include your TC ID number on all documentation you submit to our office.

The FAFSA application (TC Federal School Code: G03979) is required for students who are interested in being considered for federal financial aid.

The 2021-2022 FAFSA is for Fall 2021, Spring 2022, and Summer 2022 semesters. It is available now through June 30, 2022.

  • 2022-23 Repackaging Form- Use this form to make adjustments to your enrollment status (ie: part-time, three quarter-time, full-time). Submission of the Repackaging form will increase or decrease your financial aid eligibility based on your TC Cost of Attendance for enrollment and it is crucial for you to update your enrollment status with our office should your registration plans change throughout the academic year. Please refer to the Tuition and Fees page for information on TC’s Cost of Attendance and enrollment statuses.
  • 2022-23 Loan Change Request Form - Use this form to make adjustments to your federal loans. Please refer to the Accept Financial Aid page for instructions on accepting your initial award offer. Note: The deadline to submit any federal loan change requests for a given academic term is the last day of classes of that term (Fall, Spring and Summer).
  • 2022-23 FWS Teach Grant Change Form- Use this form to make adjustments to your Federal Work-Study, and/or Federal TEACH Grant. You may also submit a waitlist request to be considered for Federal Work Study funding if you do not receive funding as part of your initial award offer. Detailed information regarding the Federal Work Study and TEACH Grant programs are available on our website as well.
  • 2022-23 Scholarship Redistribution Form  - Use this form to change the disbursement schedule of your scholarship. Please submit separate forms for each scholarship fund that you wish to adjust. Note that you cannot move scholarship funds from one academic year to another.

If your FAFSA has been selected for verification, please refer to your TC Student Portal as well as any e-mail communications from our office to view your outstanding verification requirements. The verification process will require you to submit additional forms and documentation to our office to verify the accuracy of your FAFSA data. Please read the following instructions, complete the appropriate verification worksheet(s) and submit all appropriate documentation to our office to avoid delays in the packaging and disbursement of your federal aid.

*** Please note that you have 30 calendar days from the date of this notice to obtain all required documents to initiate the verification process. 


Standard Verification Group (VW1) - Please complete the Income Verification Worksheet for Federal Student Aid Programs (VW1). In some cases, you may also need to complete an Income and Expense Resource Form.

Custom Verification Group (VW4) - Please complete the Identity/Educational Purpose/H.S. Completion Verification Worksheet (VW4).

Aggregate Verification Group (VW5) - Please complete both the Income Verification Worksheet for Federal Student Aid Programs (VW5) and the Identity/Educationational Purpose Verification Worksheet (VW5). In some cases, you may also need to complete an Income and Expense Resource Form.

2021-2022 Verification Documents

2022-2023 Verification Documents

Please contact us should you have any questions about the FAFSA verification process. In addition, you may be required to visit the Office of Financial Aid in person to provide these documents.

Federal Work-Study

  • For Federal Work-Study job postings, visit the TC Human Resources website.
  • Pertinent Federal Work-Study information regarding student eligibility, hiring and on-boarding processes is available on the Federal Work-Study page of our website.

Selective Service (for males only)

For students who have a Selective Service flag on their FAFSA and have not submitted a status information letter to our office, please click here to do so. If you have provided this document in a previous aid year but still see the flag on your FAFSA for a new aid year, please reach out to us directly. If you identify as female but have a Selective Service requirement on your FAFSA, please ensure that you have correctly answered the "male or female" question on the FAFSA. Females are not required to register for Selective Service.

Financial Aid Guides & Tools

Obtaining an IRS Tax Return Transcript for Verification Purposes:

  • Go to and click on the “Get Your Tax Record” link. You may also obtain a transcript by mail. Make sure to request the IRS Tax Return Transcript and not the “IRS Tax Account Transcript."
  • You will need your Social Security Number, date of birth, and the address on file with the IRS. Normally this will be the address used when your IRS tax return was filed.
  • If you are married and you and your spouse filed separate tax returns, you must submit tax return transcripts for both you and your spouse.
  • The IRS will send you (not Teachers College) a copy of the tax return transcript. You should make two copies: one for your records and one for ours.
Back to skip to quick links