Join us for the launch of the Center for Innovation in Teacher Education and Development (CITED), a joint center between Teachers College, Columbia University and King’s College London. CITED’s Founding Co-Directors are Prof. Viv Ellis and Prof. Mariana Souto-Manning.
The CITED launch will happen on April 12 and 13, 2018 at Teachers College and will include the following events (click on hyperlinks to register):
- Publishing in Teacher Education Workshop with Viv Ellis and Mariana Souto-Manning (April 12, by application only)
- A workshop for doctoral students and early-career scholars
- Conversation on Theoretical Innovations in Teacher Education Research with Viv Ellis, Kris Gutiérrez, and Annalisa Sannino (April 12 at 5pm)
- A conversation about transformative innovations in research in teacher education
- Lecture on Hip Hop Ed and Teacher Education with Chris Emdin (April 13 at 9am)
- A lecture with the author of New York Times bestseller For White Folks Who Teach in the Hood... and the Rest of Y'all Too on how Hip Hop Ed can inform innovations in teacher education
The official signing of the Memorandum of Agreement between Teachers College and King’s College London will take place on April 13 preceding the lecture.
CITED aims to develop an innovative program of research in teacher education; offer knowledge exchange and development activities; establish joint education programs; and facilitate mobility of faculty and students in order to enhance teacher education research and teaching.
Follow CITED on Twitter @CITeachEd for forthcoming announcements. For questions or additional information, email CITED@tc.columbia.edu.