Please note that Teachers College is closed from Monday, December 24 through Tuesday, January 1. However, if you have a question or need assistance, please e-mail Richard Hutzler, Director of the Annual Fund, at email@example.com, or Mark Lee, Associate Director of the Annual Fund, at firstname.lastname@example.org. On Monday, December 31st, you can also call (212) 678-3231 between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. for assistance.
Gifts of Stock
The link below will take you to our Stock Transfer Transmittal form. You can fill it out yourself or send it to your broker to execute your wishes. Please note that gifts of stock, especially at the end of the calendar year, are a popular vehicle for giving, and paperwork may be delayed at either end of the transaction by sheer volume. To ensure your gift will be completed for the year 2018, you should plan to make it five working days before December 31.
NOTE: Please send an email with the details of your gift to email@example.com, including name of stock and number of shares, to ensure your gift is properly acknowledged and recorded.
Gifts via Wire Transfer of Cash
The link below will take you to our form for Wire Transfers of Cash, with the information you need to complete the transaction.
NOTE: Please send an email with the details of your wire transfer gift to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure it is properly acknowledged and recorded.
Another popular and relatively easy way to give is through your Individual Retirement Account (IRA).
Here is how it works:
- You must be at least 70 ½ years old
- This can be counted towards your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)
- Only a gift from a qualified 401k or Roth IRA is eligible
- A gift can be up to $100,000
- You will not receive a charitable deduction on your gift, but the gift is totally free from any tax liability on your part.
- Gift must come to Teachers College directly from your plan administrator.
- Checks from your IRA must be cashed prior to December 31st in order to count towards your RMD and tax year 2018. So please ensure that the plan administrator sends the checks to arrive at TC no later than Thursday, December 20th.
- TC's EIN (which you may need to provide to your plan administrator) is: 13-1624202
NOTE: please let us know of your IRA gift by emailing us at email@example.com, as many plan administrators do not include donor names on the check.