Shmulyian, Svetlana (ss861)Skip to content Skip to main navigation
- Ph.D., Organizational Psychology, Teachers College, Columbia University
- M.S., Nonprofit Management / Graduate Certificate in Organizational Development, Milano Graduate School, New School University
- B.S., Mathematics, Moscow Teachers Training University
- Using data for Organizational Change
- Organizational Climate
- Market Research
Schulte, M., Ostroff, C., Kiniki, A.J., & Shmulyian, S. (2009). Organizational climate configurations: relationships to collective attitudes, customer satisfaction, and financial performance. Journal of Applied Psychology, 94, 3: 618-634.
Schulte, M. & Shmulyian, S. (2009) Relationships Between Organizational Climate Profiles, Employee Attitudes, and Financial Performance, Society for Industrial Organizational Psychology Presentation.
Shmulyian, S. (2005). The importance of a configural versus universalistic approach to understanding the impact of climate on employee attitudes, service outcomes and financial performance (Doctoral Dissertation). Columbia University, ProQuest, UMI Dissertations Publishing, 2004.
Key Contributor: Technology is not the trump card in mass affluent wealth management game, IBM Institute for Business Value Publication
Operating her own consultancy, Svetlana had managed an executed projects ranging from $100,000 to $1.5M in total revenue and is known to her clients for her combination of strong innovative strategy abilities, superb analytical skills, as well as commitment to customer focus and to executing initiatives efficiently and according to plan. Svetlana is focused on serving Financial Services, Consumer Products, and Nonprofit / Social Innovation sectors with clients ranging from Fortune 50, Fortune 500 to numerous innovative startup ventures in for-profit and non-profit sector. Svetlana’s additional industry experience includes Pharmaceuticals, Media, and Professional services.
Svetlana held consultant and analyst positions at IBM, PWC, and Arthur Andersen prior to establishing own consulting practice. In these positions she undertook projects in the area of Business Strategy, Organizational Development and Design, Customer Relationship Management / Sales Strategy and Change Management. Svetlana is highly accomplished Project Manager with additional experience in Business Process / Business Requirements and Vendor Management areas.
Svetlana is also an Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University and a guest speaker at NYU Stern School of Business’s Executive MBA program focused on consulting, management research methods, and statistics. Svetlana received her Ph.D. in Organizational Psychology from Columbia University and also holds an M.S. in Nonprofit Management and a B.S. with honors in Mathematics. Svetlana is a U.S. citizen and is bilingual in English and Russian.
Specialties:Business strategy; Market Research; Organizational Research; Organizational Development / Design; Strategic Planning; Project Evaluation; Process / Technology Integration services; Customer Relationship Management; Sales Process and Organization; Human Resources Management; Project Management.
Cross industry experience focusing on Consumer Products, Financial Services, and Nonprofit Sector (focusing on Social Entrepreneurial / Social Innovation Sector)
2004- Present Shmulyian Consulting & Research Group, Principal
2002 - 2004 IBM, Business Consulting Services, Senior Consultant, Business and Organization Strategy
1999 - 2002 PwC, Business Consulting Services, Principal Consultant, Business and Organization Strategy
- Business and customer strategy: business, customer and market strategy, research and analytics
- Organization strategy: organizational assessment and design, change management, survey research
- CRM strategy: customer research/analytics, CRM processes, business requirements, vendor selection
1998 - 1999 Arthur Andersen, Human Resource Planning and Development, Analyst
- Survey Research: design, execution and presentation of findings of the organization culture research
- Organizational development: secondary research, concept, execution and executive presentations in the areas of recruitment, performance management, knowledge management, career development
1997 - 1999 Independent Consultant, Clients included public and non-profit organizations, government organization, University, advertising company, internet start-up
- Organizational development: organizational assessment and strategy for clients
- MBTI: individual and group feedback sessions targeted at leadership/organization development
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
UNICEF, Training and Development Section,
- Training: Developed training modules for stress and critical incident management workshops
- Assessment: Designed evaluation for UNICEF training network
1994 - 1995 T-Group and Sensitivity Training, Trainer
- Recruited participants, facilitated consultations & group process for personal/leadership development
RESEARCH AND TEACHING
1997 - Present
- Adjunct Assistant Professor: Behavioral Research , Data Based Interventions (2005 - Present)
- Teaching Assistant / Consultant: Behavioral Research, HRM, Practicum in Consulting (1997 - 1999)
- Research Assistant: Organizational Climate and Business Performance, Conflict Resolution, Motivation (1997 - 1999)