Legal Resources for International and Undocumented Students
Please print this page out before traveling and carry it with you.
Free or low-cost immigration legal help is available from a number of organizations in New York:
- The New York Immigration Coalition has a list of non-profit immigration legal service organizations at www.thenyic.org/legal-orgs
- The Immigration Advocates Nonprofit Resource Center also provides a list of immigration legal services in New York https://www.immigrationadvocates.org/nonprofit/legaldirectory/search?state=NY
- New York City provides “free, safe immigration help at ActionNYC (or call the ActionNYC hotline at 1-800- 354-0365 during business hours Monday to Friday)
- The Legal Aid Society hotline for Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention cases 844-955-3425. For important information, visit legal-aid.org.
Many other organizations provide important timely information about the evolving immigration situation and the rights of immigrants:
- American Immigration Lawyers Association; Large Scale Enforcement Actions and Raids Information https://www.aila.org/raids
- American Civil Liberties Union https://www.aclu.org/issues/immigrants-rights?redirect=immigrants-rights
- Catholic Legal Immigration Network https://cliniclegal.org/
- Immigration Legal Resource Center https://www.ilrc.org/
- National Immigration Law Center https://www.nilc.org/
- Immigrant Defense Project (212) 725-6422
- United We Dream hotline 1-844-363-1423
Resources from Columbia University