During these unprecedented times, the Tisch Food Center and Teachers College’s Office of Digital Learning are offering a special FREE section of the online course Teaching Food & Nutrition for All. We want to provide a service to our community when many schools are closed and educators feel uprooted and displaced. Now more than ever, it is critical to build community and ensure that all children are equipped with the necessary confidence and skills to nourish themselves and advocate for a better tomorrow.
Teaching Food & Nutrition for All is an online, asynchronous professional development course led by our Executive Director and Program in Nutrition faculty member, Dr. Pamela Koch. Throughout this three week course, participants:
- Explore their personal relationships with food;
- Investigate the challenges of our current food supply; and
- Develop knowledge, skills, and resources to create their own food and nutrition education plan.
In just a few days, registration was capped at 500 participants, including 20 members of our Food Ed Coalition. Students hail from 33 States, the District of Columbia, Brazil, and Canada and include:
- K-12 teachers
- Principals and assistant/vice principals
- School nurses
- Food & nutrition educators
- Staff from organizations focused on food, nutrition, STEM, and wellness
- FoodCorps members
- Cooperative Extension staff
Interested in joining this community?
Another section of this course will be open during the summer, from June 8 - 28, 2020.
Early Bird Fee (by May 1, 2020): $295
Registration Fee (after May 1, 2020): $395
Group/Team Discount (5 or more): 25% off the registration fee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register
To sign up or learn more details, click here.