Federal Aid

Federal Aid

If you are a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, then you can use federal aid to help pay for graduate school at Teachers College. If you are not a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, we encourage you to review financial aid options for international students. 

As a Teachers College student, you could see a combination of funding sources in your financial aid offer letter. If you receive federal grants and loans, our Office of Financial Aid will manage the process of receiving the funds and ensuring that they are applied to your TC bill. Note: If you are a domestic student who isn’t eligible for federal aid, you may be eligible for institutional aid from Teachers College, as well as earnings from working a campus job as a graduate assistant.

We are ready to help you navigate the details of each federal financial aid program. This section of our website shows you what kinds of federal aid could help pay for your graduate school program at Teachers College. Keep in mind that you will need to repay some federal aid, but some forms of federal aid do not need to be repaid.

Learn about Federal Financial Aid Programs

Federal Loans

Federal Work-Study

Federal TEACH Grant and NFLP

Veterans Benefits

Learn about Applying for or Repaying Federal Aid:

Applying for Federal Aid

Federal Loan Repayment

Back to skip to quick links