We look forward to welcoming you back to campus very soon! Below are the steps that you will need to take in order to access campus this Fall. As you know, Teachers College requires all students who plan to physically access College facilities to be vaccinated against COVID-19. The Vaccination mandate also applies to fieldwork, practicums and student teaching assignments. Be sure to submit your vaccination documentation as soon as you are fully vaccinated. Students must submit documentation at least 10 days prior to accessing campus.
In addition to the COVID-19 vaccination, there are other steps required to access campus. Please follow these steps to ensure that you are cleared to enter campus this Fall:
- COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate: Submit your proof of COVID-19 Vaccination form or request for a religious or medical exemption form as soon as possible and at least 10 days prior to accessing campus.
- Health & Safety Training Video: Be sure to complete the TC Coronavirus (COVID 19) Health & Safety Training.
- Gateway Testing: Submit a COVID-19 PCR Diagnostic Test (a rapid test is not acceptable) dated on or after May 1, 2021 to access campus. Testing is required regardless of vaccination status. More information will be forthcoming about testing requirements for the Fall semester. COVID-19 PCR Diagnostic Testing documents should be submitted to CovidStudentCare@tc.columbia.
edu. Please allow at least 24 hours for processing of your COVID-19 testing documents.
- Daily Health Screening: All members of the TC Community who wish to enter campus for any purpose must complete the daily health screening. Once completed, a green check will be displayed which will allow access to campus. If a red check is displayed, do not proceed to campus until you have received the green clearance. Students should NOT complete the CU ReOpen App to access the main campus. The Green Check from TC will allow for access on the main Columbia campus. If you are having difficulty accessing main campus facilities with the TC Green Check from our Daily Health Screening, please contact TC public safety at officeofPublicSafety@tc.
- Masking Policy: TC will continue the indoor masking policy for all campus facilities and buildings for the fall semester. Masks do not need to be worn in outdoor spaces at TC (Russell Courtyard or Courtyards associated with Residential Facilities) or when eating in dining facilities. If you arrive on campus without a mask, one will be provided for you and must be worn while indoors.
- Partially or UnVaccinated Students Arriving from International Locations: International Students or those Domestic Students in International locations and not able to complete the vaccination series upon arrival to the TC campus should obtain their vaccination within 72 hours upon their arrival to the United States. If this is your situation, submit your name, uni and TC ID# to CovidStudentCare@tc.columbia.
eduso our team in the Office of Student Health & Wellness at TC can assist you if needed. Below are the steps you should take:
- Plan your arrival date to the United States as soon as possible. Secure airline tickets and check all airline travel and safety precautions.
- Upon arrival in the United States, secure completion of your vaccination within 72 hours. If you wish to receive the vaccination through Columbia Health, please contact them directly to schedule your vaccinations. If you prefer to schedule on your own or in a different location, you may access the NYC vaccination finder.
- Once you have completed the vaccination process, upload your documentation to our system.
- If you are unable to join your in-person class for the first few days or weeks of the semester, please contact CovidStudentCare@tc.columbia.
eduso that we can liaise with the Registrar’s Office and your Faculty.
- For remaining questions, do not hesitate to contact CovidStudentCare@TC.Columbia.
eduor OISS at TCIntl@tc.columbia.edu
Vice Provost for Student Affairs