TCIT continues to welcome the TC community back to campus for the Fall 2021 semester. We are working to ensure that all campus information technology systems in classrooms and office areas as well as WiFi, printing and network access are set up for faculty, staff, students, and visitors on your return.
Following are information technology considerations to keep in mind as you transition back to campus:
- Any staff or faculty who borrowed their desktop computers, additional equipment, and/or furniture for off-campus use should bring the equipment back ahead of or upon your return to campus.
- Computers that have remained shut down during the campus closure may require system and security updates when turned on. Be prepared to leave ample time for the installation of updates as your computer may require multiple reboots. (If you have a laptop or mobile device at your disposal, you may want to bring it to the office with you for the first few days while your office computers are updated.)
- In the majority of cases, updates are applied successfully. If this is not the case for you, after trying, please contact the Service Desk.
- If you will require a video camera at work to attend video conference meetings while on campus, please reach out to the Service Desk to order an appropriate device.
- Zoom Video Conferencing accounts: If you have not used/accessed your Zoom account since the Spring of ’21, please ensure you can log in. Instructions for signing into your Zoom desktop app can be found here.
- If needed, modify your RingCentral Call forwarding number so it no longer forwards all your calls to your home or cell phone during your work hours. Also consider removing or modifying your Out of Office notice in your email message if needed. Instructions for updating and modifying your RingCentral profile can be found here.
- Network passwords will have expired for your desktop/laptop login account if you have not been consistently using VPN campus access. Please review the guide if needed to update/reset your Network password here.
- WiFi access will also have expired. You can access guidance on how to reconnect to WiFi here while on campus.
- If after following the guidelines you are still having issues, please visit the Service Desk in 70 GD along with your TC ID and someone will be able to assist you.
- As previously communicated, all TC faculty, staff and students must complete the College’s Daily Health Screening to access the TC and Columbia campuses.
Upon completing the Daily Health Check: If you receive a green check, your TC ID card should grant you access to any of the spaces to which you previously had access. If this is not the case, please visit Card Services in Whittier, Suite 1B, to have your card checked on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. If you receive a red check, your TC ID card will not allow you access to campus. You will receive an email advising you of next steps.
If you have any questions or need assistance related to access to campus digital and computing resources, please reach out to the TCIT Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 212-678-3300. Current Service Desk hours may be found here. Please understand that the Service Desk is currently managing a high volume of requests for support. We appreciate your patience during this time as we aid the TC community with additional needs.
Thank you for your cooperation as we prepare to return to campus. All of us in TCIT look forward to welcoming you back.
Chief Information Officer