Child Abuse Identification & Reporting
February 6, 2022 - May 22, 2022
Date: Please see the dates below for the upcoming workshops.
Location: Online format (Zoom)
Child Abuse Identification & Reporting Workshop
All applicants for certification are required to complete two clock hours of coursework or training regarding the identification and reporting of suspected child abuse and maltreatment in accordance with Sections 3003(4) and 3004 of the Education Law. This training is available from Teachers College, Columbia University who is a provider approved by the New York State Education Department.
Upon completion of this workshop, Teachers College, Columbia University will provide a Certification of Completion.
- $75 – Non-Affiliate Registration Fee
- $40 – Alumni and Affiliates - Teachers College, Columbia University Alumni
- $25 – Student - Teachers College, Columbia University
- Sunday, February 6, 2022 - 10:00am - 12:00pm EST
- Sunday, February 20, 2022 - 10:00am - 12:00pm EST
- Saturday, March 12, 2022 - 10:00am - 12:00pm EST
- Saturday, March 26, 2022 - 10:00am - 12:00pm EST
- Sunday, April 3, 2022 - 10:00am - 12:00pm EST
- Sunday, May 1, 2022 - 10:00am - 12:00pm EST
- Sunday, May 22, 2022 - 10:00am - 12:00pm EST
Registration will close 48-72 hours before the workshop date or when the workshop is closed/full.
This workshop is limited to 40 participants.
Participants are asked to arrive a half-hour before the workshop begins.
Latecomers will not be admitted.
Continuing Professional Studies at Teachers College, Columbia University will provide a full (100%) reduction of charges if the written request to withdraw is received at least 30 days prior to the first scheduled session. Given the demand for this program and the work entailed in its preparation, if the cancellation is reported within 30 days or fewer before the program starts, only 50% of the total charges will be credited. Registrants who wish to withdraw on or after the start date of a program or course will not receive any reduction of charges.
Registrants who fail to attend and do not cancel prior to the event will be liable for full charges for the event.
NOTE: All refund requests must be made in writing to the Continuing Professional Studies at Teachers College, Columbia University. Refunds will be made in the payment method received. Please allow 4-6 weeks for check refunds to be processed and 3-5 days for credit card refunds.