School Violence Prevention & Intervention
February 28, 2021 - May 23, 2021
Date: Please see the dates below for the upcoming workshops.
Location: Online format (Zoom)
School Violence Prevention & Intervention Workshop
All applicants for certification are required to complete two clock hours of coursework or training in school violence prevention and intervention in accordance with section 3004 of the Education Law. This training is available from Teachers College, Columbia University who is a provider approved by the New York State Education Department.
Upon completion of the workshop, the Center will provide the applicant with a Certification of Completion.
- $75 – Non-Affiliate Registration Fee
- $40 – Alumni and Affiliates - Teachers College, Columbia University Alumni
- $25 – Student - Teachers College, Columbia University
- Sunday, February 28, 2021 - 12:45pm - 2:45pm - Registration Closed
- Sunday, March 14, 2021 - 12:45pm - 2:45pm
- Saturday, March 27, 2021 - 12:45pm - 2:45pm
- Sunday, Apr 11, 2021 - 12:45pm - 2:45pm
- Saturday, May 1, 2021 - 12:45pm - 2:45pm
- Saturday, May 8, 2021 - 12:45pm - 2:45pm
- Sunday, May 23, 2021 - 12:45pm - 2:45pm
Registration will close 48-72 hours before the workshop date or when the workshop is closed/full.
This workshop is limited to 40 participants.
Participants are asked to arrive a half-hour before the workshop begins.
Latecomers will not be admitted.
Continuing Professional Studies at Teachers College, Columbia University will provide a full (100%) reduction of charges if the written request to withdraw is received at least 30 days prior to the first scheduled session. Given the demand for this program and the work entailed in its preparation, if the cancellation is reported within 30 days or fewer before the program starts, only 50% of the total charges will be credited. Registrants who wish to withdraw on or after the start date of a program or course will not receive any reduction of charges.
Registrants who fail to attend and do not cancel prior to the event will be liable for full charges for the event.
NOTE: All refund requests must be made in writing to the Continuing Professional Studies at Teachers College, Columbia University. Refunds will be made in the payment method received. Please allow 4-6 weeks for check refunds to be processed and 3-5 days for credit card refunds.