In addition to the standard Teachers College admission requirements and materials, the following requirements and materials are required for the Ed.D. Program in Nursing Education.
1. Applicants must be a registered nurses and must submit evidence of licensure
2. Applicants must have a master's Degree, preferably in nursing, and transcripts related to this degree must be submitted.
3. In the resume, applicants
a. must show evidence of clinical experience either through specialty master's preparation or through clinical experience in nursing;
b. should include a list of their professional publications and presentations.
4. In the statement of purpose, which can be 5-6 pages in length, applicants should describe each of the following using the numbered headers.
5. Applicants must submit an academic writing sample
This sample should also be uploaded with the online application. It should be an excerpt or a section of an academic writing sample (maximum 8 pages but also include references for the entire paper) that demonstrates scholarly thinking, writing skills, ability to do research, and ability to synthesize information. Examples of appropriate writing samples include published scholarly papers, graduate theses, research papers, or literature reviews.
6. Names of professional references must also be submitted. References familiar with the applicants’ academic work are preferred.
7. Optional: Graduate Record Examination
To make your application stronger, we recommend one of your recommendations come from a faculty member or other educator who has supervised you in a student role.
There is a two-step application review process. The second step consists of a one on one interview with a Nursing Faculty Member.