Cookie NoticeSkip to content Skip to main navigation
Teachers College Policy Library
Owner: General Counsel
Information use and distribution
- Teachers College may use personal information collected from websites for the purpose of future communication about upcoming events or available programs, offers, updates, and reminders. A user may opt-out of these mailing lists at any time.
- Teachers College may use personal information collected in connection with a specific function only to support that function. For example, a user may opt to complete and submit a newsletter mailing list, an application form, or a registration form. Requests for information and private communications submitted through Teachers College services will not be monitored.
- User non-personal and/or de-identified information (such as a user’s browser software or the page a user requested) may be distributed to third parties to facilitate site analytics. This information is generally used to improve web presentation and utilization. Additionally, the College may use this information for system administration (e.g., troubleshooting) purposes.
Teachers College will not distribute a user’s personal information to third parties unless a user provides explicit consent to have their information shared with an identified third party or the University has a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- enforce applicable College policies, including investigation of potential violations of College policies or procedures;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of the College, the College’s employees, faculty and staff, students, users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Teachers College will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or personal information to third-party organizations. Contact information provided to the College is kept confidential and used only for the purposes specified when it was collected.
Cookies can be managed through browser settings. To learn more, refer to the support instructions for each browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer). Be aware that disabling or deleting cookies can impact your ability to use certain features of that website. If disabling or deleting cookies, repeat this process for each browser and computer used. Note that cookies used by Adobe Flash cannot be controlled by browser settings.
Teachers College will treat any personally identifiable information that is collected on this website in a secure manner.
A summary of the new European Union (EU) data protection law can be found at GDPR at TC.