How to Apply

Skip to content Skip to main navigation
Teachers College, Columbia University
Printer-friendly Version
Teachers College, Columbia University Logo

Veterans Benefits @ TC

How to Apply

Am I eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program?

To be considered for the Yellow Ribbon Program, veterans must first be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill at the 100% rate. To find out your rate, please refer to the Eligibility Chart.

How do I apply for benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill?


  • Visit the Department of Veterans Affairs’ website to complete and submit the online application for the Post-9/11 GI Bill:
  • Once you have been approved for the Post-9/11 GI Bill, a Certificate of Eligibility will indicate whether your service meets the requirements for the Yellow Ribbon Program.
  • Visit the Teachers College website to complete and submit the online application. For admission information, visit:
  • Once you have been accepted into a degree program, bring your Certificate of Eligibility to Teachers College Office of the Registrar and the Veterans Affair Coordinator will certify your participation.

Veterans Affairs Coordinator

Jose Marte
Associate Registrar for Operations
(212) 678-4072


GI Bill and General Veteran Questions

Russell M. Gulizia (LCDR, US Navy (ret.))
Associate Registrar, Military/Veterans Liaison
(212) 678-4060


Office of the Registrar
525 West 120th Street, Box 311
New York, NY 10027

The Office of the Registrar will file your Certificate of Eligibility to the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Useful Information

Upcoming Events

See all events