The application form can be found in the back of the Teachers College catalog and on the Web at the Office of Admissions homepage
. Please read carefully and pay particular attention to items 1 to 6 below.
Note: On Part I of the Application for Admission form, the program title is "Arts Administration," there is no specialization, and our code is 'AADM.'
The following items are required in addition to your completed application:
- A Statement of Purpose (no more than two pages, typed, single spaced) outlining your specific objectives for graduate study, and a description of how you have prepared yourself to achieve these goals. In addition, based on your research into our program, university, and city, what resources will be valuable for you? What will you give back?
- A brief description or resume of formal or informal training in the arts and of work and volunteer experience.
- Two letters of recommendation, from people who have some knowledge of your professional capacities, preferably in the arts.
A writing sample. Effective arts managers must engage in data-driven decision-making and analytical thinking, and the Arts Administration program aims to develop these core competencies in its students. We ask you submit a writing sample of 10-15 pages (double-spaced); ability to do research, and ability to think critically by synthesizing information. Examples of appropriate writing samples include, but are not limited to, undergraduate or graduate theses, research papers, or literature reviews. We ask you submit a writing sample of 10-15 pages; if the sample exceeds 15 pages, please select an excerpt. You may also submit 2 smaller papers to meet this page limit. All academic writing samples must be in English. Your sample should be written by you alone and represent your original work.
- Scores from either the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) are required by the deadline for which you are applying. The assigned institution code for Teachers College is 2905. Please leave the department code blank.
- Teachers College requires that all applicants whose first language is not English, and did not complete a bachelors degree at an institution where English is the sole and official language of instruction, must submit official TOEFL or IELTS scores from an exam completed within the past two years. In order to be eligible for admission review, the minimum overall TOEFL score that must be achieved is 100. The minimum overall IELTS score that must be achieved is 7.0.
- Other requirements of Teachers College apply, including an official transcript from each college or institution you have attended, the application form, the nonrefundable application fee.