International Travel

Skip to content Skip to main navigation
Teachers College, Columbia University
Printer-friendly Version
Teachers College, Columbia University Logo
Controller: Office of Risk Management

Office of Risk Management

Office of the Controller

International Travel

Studying, Working and Traveling Abroad

Teachers College has always been involved internationally. Studying, working and traveling abroad are important aspects of our work. However, working outside of the United States introduces operational complexities and compliance requirements – both domestic and foreign – that often differ radically from activities on campus. Travelers must consider laws, regulations, and cultural differences that do not apply in the United States.

The College has many programs in place to support faculty, staff, and students and to help you find medical assistance, emergency evacuation and travel assistance services including lost credit cards, passport, etc. The College can only assist if travelers register their travel and provide emergency contact information and a detailed trip itinerary form to the Office of Risk Management.