Faculty, do you have news to share? Submit updates for the TC Newsroom’s quarterly faculty digest here.
- Several TC faculty presented their groundbreaking research, received honors and more at this year’s AERA conference.
- Samuel Abrams co-authored a report titled “The Fiscal Consequences of Private School Vouchers,” published by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
- Peter Coleman recently penned a multi-part TIME series inspired by the Political Courage Challenge, focusing on how we can cope with political conflict in our everyday lives.
- Mark Anthony Gooden delivered a segment of the 2023 Dean’s Lecture Series at Lehigh University titled “Employing Equity-Centered Leadership in Pursuit of Racial Justice,” which also explored how school leaders are still being challenged today to center equity, despite growing political and state policy-based challenges to racial justice in schools.
- Felicia Mensah was nominated and selected to serve on the review panel for the University of Queensland, Australia. She will also give an informative invited lecture on her research and teaching at Monash University, Australia.
- Sonali Rajan delivered the Presidential Scholar Address at the Texas Association for Behavior Analysis Annual Conference in April.
- Amra Sabic-El-Rayess discussed her initiative Reimagine Resilience — a professional development program for educators that nurtures resilience as a way to counter hate, targeted violence, and radicalization — at South x Southwest. She also published a book chapter on ending educational displacement and using storytelling as a method for transformative learning and inclusion.
- Amy Stuart Wells was appointed as the Dean of Bank Street College’s Graduate School of Education, effective August 30, 2023. Wells will depart TC after more than 22 years on the College’s faculty, building on her time as a student in the Sociology and Education program where she would later teach.
- Haeny Yoon guest-edited a special issue of the International Literacy Association’s magazine that focused on literacy and play.