Admissions | TESOL Certificate Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Certification | Arts and HumanitiesSkip to content Skip to main navigation
Because of the program's graduate-level curriculum, all applicants must have a B.A., B.S., or an equivalent undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university to apply to the program. The only exception is graduating seniors, who receive provisional acceptance. In order to receive final acceptance, graduating seniors must submit a copy of their diploma before start of the program.
Teaching experience is not required to apply to the TESOL Certificate Program. Students will participate in supervised team student teaching as part of the program.
For step-by-step instructions on completing the online application, click here.
- Completed online application
- Personal statement
- 2 letters of recommendation (can be academic or professional)
- Current CV or resume
- Official transcripts (a Bachelors degree or equivalent is required to attend this program.)
- Official copies of language proficiency test scores (non-native English speakers only)
- $50 application fee
- $125 administrative fee (for international applicants only)
- Interview, if necessary
All submitted materials should clearly state the applicant's name. Official transcripts must arrive in envelopes sealed by the issuing institutions certifying conferral of a bachelor's degree.
TESOL Certificate Program
525 West 120th Street Box 66
New York, NY 10027
If your institution issues electronic official transcripts, the issuing institution must email the e-transcript to email@example.com.