Starting a New Student Organization
Interested in starting a new student organization at Teachers College? Below are a few of the requirements for new student organizations:
- A minimum of three signatory members who are TC students
- A minimum of ten general members who are TC students
A faculty advisor
- At least 3-4 events per semester
- A mission statement and programming plan
Groups that will not be considered for registration include:
- Event-specific (i.e. one-time events); groups must show sustainability by way of ongoing efforts held throughout the academic year
- Political groups for a particular party or single-issue item or agenda
- Student groups that have other or outside primary sources of recognition and outside sources of administrative and/or funding support, including those registered with main campus and/or CU affiliate schools.
- Groups with a main mission of student recruitment and other admissions related goals
- Groups that are directly linked to an academic class and are therefore not easily accessible to all TC students
The application to start a new student organization in Spring 2022 will open shortly. Questions? Contact email@example.com.