ResourcesSkip to content Skip to main navigation
Registering with OASID
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the Office to register as an individual with a disability. Services are available only to individuals who are registered and have submitted appropriate documentation. Individuals can register for services throughout the semester, however, students are strongly encouraged to review requests for accommodations with the Office at the beginning of each semester. Once a person has registered with the Office, they collaborate with the Office staff in the development of their Individualized Accommodation Plan.
OASID offers a variety of accommodations, services and resources for those registered with the office. Most of these services are provided by dedicated student employees, who can apply for these positions through OASID. These may include:
- Orientation sessions
- Assistance with registration
- Assistance with academic adjustments
- Classroom accommodations which may include readers, note takers, research assistants, sign language interpreters, computer assisted real-time captioning (CART)
- Testing accommodations
- Adaptive technology (including Sonocent Audio Notetaker)
- Listings of NYC community services
In addition, the Office maintains a collection of materials on disability, the law, education, adaptive technology and disability studies. The Office also has information on a variety of disability related organizations on the local, state and federal levels.
Teachers College's grievance formal and informal grievance procedures may be found here.