Summer Principals Academy NYC is committed to equity and excellence in education for all students. To achieve this goal, the following seven core values of our program are interwoven throughout every aspect of our curriculum, classroom interactions, conversations, and day-to day operations:
- Quality education and education leadership are central to promoting social justice and diversity and these values are central to ethical leadership;
- Excellent leadership development and preparation will nurture not only knowledge, skills and values, but also personal self-actualization and transformation;
- School leaders are responsible for nurturing not only the teaching and learning of all members of the school community, but also for nurturing their own self-actualization and personal transformation;
- Skillful collaboration and teamwork are essential to foster quality schools;
- All aspects of leadership development and education will promote the practice of intellectually and ethically reflective leadership;
- Active, participatory, learning that is rooted in actual school contexts, simulations, case-studies, and offers multiple opportunities to improve leadership skills is core to the curriculum; and
- Innovation and risk-taking play a key role creating a vision and promoting educational change.