Mask Guidance on TC Campus
Beginning April 1, 2022, Teachers College will be "Mask Mindful." In essence, this guidance means that masks will become optional on campus for faculty, staff and students who are vaccinated and boosted. Please keep in mind:
- The decision to wear a mask belongs solely to the individual. Those who wish to continue masking may do so.
- Caring for one another’s physical, mental and emotional wellbeing is a core TC community value. It is vital that you respect any individual who chooses to wear a mask without questioning their decision.
- Though masks will not be required, we still recommend individuals wear them in crowded settings for their own protection.
- Masks will be required at events with 200 or more guests.
- TC will reinstate a mandatory masking policy if the city’s seven-day averages reach or exceed a combined positivity rate of 5%, 180 hospitalizations and 10 confirmed deaths.
- Please be assured that the College will continue to follow established health and safety measures, including maintaining air purifiers throughout campus.
Any questions about this guidance may be sent to email@example.com.