The IT Project Management Office (IT PMO) provides staff, structure, and oversight to ensure that information technology projects are successful. To fulfill this mission, the IT PMO strives to do the following:
• Provide and enable the College's approach to identifying, evaluating, prioritizing, financing, and staffing technology initiatives.
• Establish and support effective IT governance structures that provide College leaders with the information needed to make decisions that align with the College's objectives, proactively identify and mitigate risks, and promptly address issues.
• Empower project teams with tools, processes, and strategic guidance that enable effective collaboration, timely delivery against expectations, and delivery of quality solutions.
To Submit A Project Request
- Go to myTC > click on the "Support" icon to open the self-service portal.
- Click on the "Submit A Project Request" link > then select the type of project: 1.) Strategic Projects and Major Enhancements or 2.) New Application Assessment/Implementation.
- Complete the project request form and click the "Submit" button.
- You will be contacted once the strategic project/major ehancement request has been approved as a project or when the new application assessment/implementation process starts.
Project Management Tools
- Asana is the preferred tool used by the TCIT PMO for project and task management. When a new project starts, a project workspace is set up in Asana as a one-stop shop for the project.
- ServiceNow is used to manage the project porfolio and record weekly project status reports.
- Google Calendar is used to schedule project meetings and meeting notes are recorded in Asana.