International Wire TransfersSkip to content Skip to main navigation
International Wire Transfer Payment Method
International students have the ability to generate a Western Union international wire transfer payment request on the myTC ePayment site in their own currency.
The benefits include:
- Teachers College and Western Union will not charge a fee for wire transfers. (NOTE: your bank may charge an encounter fee for wire transfer payments)
- Competitive exchange rates valid for 72 hours.
- Automated posting of wires to your student account when payments are received.
How to generate a Western Union wire transfer payment request form using CASHNet:
- Log on to the myTC ePayment site (available from the myTC portal)
- Click on the 'Click here to make a payment' in the Your Account box.
- Click on 'Full Payment...' or 'Different Amount...' (must have an Account Balance > 0)
- If necessary, enter the amount you plan to pay using foreign currency
- Click 'Add to Basket'
- On the 'Payment Cart' page, verify the payment amount and click 'Checkout'
- On the 'Select Method of Payment' page, choose 'International Wire Transfer Payment'
- Click 'Continue Checkout'
- On the 'Enter Wire Transfer Currency Information' page:
- select country & currency (use 'US dollars' if your currency is not listed)
- enter remitter name
- enter email address where the wire tranfer instructions will be sent (If desired, enter additional email addresses by adding ";" space and email address for each)
- review 'Terms and Conditions' and click 'yes' if you agree
- and click 'Continue Checkout'
- review information on the 'Payment Confirmation' page
- and click 'Submit Payment'
- a pop-up window will open your Western Union Wire Transfer Request form (as a 'pdf' document)
- If you do not see a 'pdf' form, please check your desktop carefully for a pop-up window which may appear behind your browser window. If your browser prevents pop-up windows or opening 'pdf' documents, don't worry - you will also receive an email with the same 'pdf' form as an attachment. Simply 'save' the form to your desktop (or other location), and open it up later. This is the form which must be used to submit the wire transfer request to your bank.
- please print the wire transfer payment instruction sheet and submit it to your bank within 72 hours to complete the payment process. The payment status will remain PENDING until we receive notice from the College’s bank that the payment has been received.
The exchange rate on your Western Union wire transfer request is ONLY valid for 72 hours for the amount specified. If a student arranges for a wire transfer using information from a previously used form/document, or from an incorrect form (amount change, currency change, etc.), the payment will be delayed.
A few minutes after you click the 'Submit Payment' button for a wire transfer payment request, you will receive an email for your 'PENDING' wire transfer payment with instructions about submitting the wire request instruction sheet to your bank to COMPLETE the payment request. Depending on your bank’s requirements, you will need to submit the form to your bank either in person, online or by telephone.
If you do not submit the payment request form to your bank within 72 hours or if you change the payment amount or currency, you will need to go back online to the myTC ePayment site and create a new Wire Transfer request form.
The Office of the Bursar will post your wire transfer payment to your student account as soon as we receive notification from the College’s bank that it has been received.
Foreign currencies offered by Western Union for use on myTC include:
You may use 'US Dollar' if your preferred currency is not listed. Western Union continues to add new types of foreign currency, so please check back occasionally.