Lost and Found
TC Public Safety is the central repository for valuables found by members of the TC community. Our lost and found function keeps items safe and secure, and we proactively work to return belongings to their owners promptly when feasible.
If you have lost an item, please email us at email@example.com for assistance. You can also call us at 212-678-3333 24hrs a day, seven days a week, to arrange to pick up lost items.
If you find a lost item at TC, please turn the item in to a uniformed TC Campus Public Safety Officer or bring the item directly to the lobby of Whittier Hall 24/7 or the closest Public Safety post on campus. Please note that items received by Lost and Found will be kept by TC Public Safety for 90 days, after which they will be removed from inventory and discarded.
Examples of Accepted Items
- Mobile Devices / Laptops / Tablets
- MP3 players / iPods / portable speakers
- Wallets / Purses
- Items having ownership information
Examples of Items not Accepted
- Clothing items
- Water bottles
- Perishable items / Food
- Flammable items (lighters, vape pens, etc.)
- Small recreational items (soccer balls, frisbees, baseballs, etc.)
- Personal grooming items (combs, brushes, bows, ribbons, scrunchies, etc.)
- Intentionally abandoned property (electronic equipment that obviously does not work, damaged furniture, items placed by trash containers for disposal, etc.)
* This is not a complete list of all items Public Safety will accept and inventory in lost and found. Please also note Items may be stored and maintained longer at the discretion of Public Safety management.